Helicobacter pylori test
Using the Helicobacter Pylori Test, Verisana can determine whether the bacterium is present in the stool. The test belongs to the gold standard of helicobacter pylori diagnostics.
Availability: deliverable immediately
Do you have questions about our products? Then send us an e-mail to email@example.com or call us at: +49 (0) 40 537976957
Who should take the test?
Are you suffering from diverse stomach complaints such as gastric discomfort, heartburn or nausea? Too high helicobacter concentration in your stomach may be the underlying cause.
Helicobacter pylori bacteria pass through the mouth into the body and subsequently into the stomach, where they colonize the gastric mucosa. Infestation with helicobacter pylori is considered as the most common cause of gastritis and may also contribute to the development of gastric ulcers and duodenal ulcers.
The test analyzes the values of the following analyte:
- - Helicobacter pylori
Our Helicobacter Pylori Antigen Test gives you information about the helicobater pylori concentration in your body, so that in case of the colonization of your stomach with this bacterium, a drug therapy can be initiated.
How does it work?
You collect the samples at home, send them back to us and we will provide you with your level of each analyte and whether your level falls within the reference ranges for your age. In addition to that, the results include graphs showing whether your are in the "green" (=normal/healthy) or "red" (=too high/low) area, making it easy to understand the results.
What will my results tell me?
Your results will provide detailed information about whether your helicobacter pylori level is normal, low, or high compared to reference ranges in your age group. You can then discuss the results with your doctor or health practitioner, who can give you further guidance and treatment recommendations.
What guidance will I get along with my results?
We always recommend the discussion of the mailed results with your doctor or practitioner. Besides, further information is available on our website, especially in the different test categories and the FAQs. Still have questions? Then you can contact us by phone at +49 (0) 40 537976957 or mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For the Helicobacter pylori antigen Test we analyse:
The detection of Helicobacter pylori antigen in stool indicates an infection with this germ. Helicobacter pylori is the most common chronic bacterial pathogen in humans. It lowers stomach acid levels while damaging the mucosal protection within the stomach. It has therefore been attributed with causing stomach and duodenal ulcers.
- Gastric discomfort
Please note the following guidelines regarding the stool collection - the correct collection of the stool is important for achieving analtered laboratory results! Please make sure to collect the samples on Mondays and post them the same day.
Before the sample collection
1. Label the sample container with your full name, the date as well as the time of the sample collection.
2. No additional sealing or stapling of the sample tubes and delivery bag is necessary.
During the sample collection
1. Please use the enclosed stool collection unit to avoid the stool coming in contact with toilet water or urine.
Now collect the sample using the stool collection unit.
2. Take the enclosed collection spoon (attached underneath the lid) in order to stir the stool. Collect different samples from different areas of the stool.
3. Fill the container with the stool sample until the tube is ¾ full.
4. Close the sample container tightly with the lid and clean the outside surface if necessary
After the sample collection
1. After the collection, the stool collection unit as well as the remaining stool can be flushed down the toilet.
2. The sample can be placed in the refrigerator over night – please do not freeze!
3. Please collect the sample on Monday and post it the same day to ensure a short delivery time.
4. Place the sample together with the enclosed sample dispatch note in the delivered protective bag and send it back to our laboratory.
In accordance with the general postal regulations the sender bears the legal responsibility.
5. After approximately 14-21 days you will receive your results.
- Easy to understand
Results were easy to understand, even for a non medical person. Review by Conca Depart (Posted on 14/01/2019)
Rate the quality of the product (from 1-5)
Questions about the order
- Which test should I order?
- Can I also order by phone?
- How long does it take for my order to arrive?
- I have not received an order confirmation.
- My package did not arrive or my order was not completely delivered.
- I want to cancel my order.
Questions about sample submission & findings
- How long will it take to receive my findings?
- How do I get my findings?
- Can I get advice for my test result? Can you tell me what remedy to take?
- I forgot to put the sample dispatch note in the package when sending the sample back.
- I take medication. Can this affect the outcome?
Questions about the stool test
To find the right test for you, click through our additional product information covered in the categories <Details>, <Symptoms> and <Test includes>. You can also call us at +44 (0) 20 32866316 or write an email to email@example.com.
Yes. Please call us at +44 (0) 20 32866316. The payment in this case is only possible via Paypal. We take your order and you will receive the payment request by mail.
How long does it take for my order to arrive?
We process orders on a daily basis (apart from weekends and public holidays). It usually takes around 3-5 days until your testkit arrives.
I have not received an order confirmation.
Please contact us to check if your order was registered. We will gladly send you the confirmation again.
Please contact our customer service team at +44 (0) 20 32866316 or write an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
I want to cancel my order.
The withdrawal period from the purchase of all our items is 2 weeks from the receipt of the goods. Please inform us via mail about the desired cancellation and note the following information: Laboratory analyzes can only be canceled if the analysis has not yet been carried out.
How long will it take to receive my findings?
From the day the sample arrives in our laboratory, it takes:
- saliva tests 2 weeks
- stool tests 2-3 weeks
until the findings are completed.
If you have not received your report after this deadline, please contact us. Please understand that we can not speed up the processing of your sample.
How do I get my findings?
You will receive your findings via mail.
Can I get advice for my test result? Can you tell me what remedy to take?
For legal reasons, our findings do not include individualized therapy recommendations.
If you have any questions regarding the understanding of your findings, please contact our laboratory team.
I forgot to put the sample dispatch note in the package when sending the sample back.
Please send us the completed and signed dispatch note, preferably by mail to email@example.com. Unfortunately, we can not complete your sample without a dispatch note.
I take medication. Can this affect the outcome?
That depends on the test you want to carry out and the medications you are taking. In case of doubt, please ask your doctor regarding the areas that are influenced by the medication prescribed by him and do not stop taking your medication without consulting him.
I take probiotika. Does this affect the outcome?
Taking probiotika means supplying bacteria to your body. In conclusion, carrying out a stool test while taking probiotika will make it unpossible to distinguish the amount of natural and unnatural bacteria in your gut. If you aim to find out about the amount of natural bacteria in your gut, we recommend you to stop taking probiotika two weeks before carrying out the stool test.
Does the gluten/histamine intolerance test also show a reaction when I am on a gluten/histamine-free diet?
No, you should consume food that contains gluten or histamine during the days before taking the sample to get a meaningful result.
- Rate the quality of the product (from 1-5):