People with intestinal problems such as diarrhea, bloating and constipation, but also other health problems, such as Eczema, acne, allergies and hay fever can benefit from a gut renovation. The goal of any intestinal cleansing is to restore the intestinal flora. Our intestinal flora is important for our immune system but it also ensures nutrients are absorbed into the body. These nutrients reach the blood via the small intestine. Our intestinal flora consists of trillions of different types of bacteria which protect our bodies from harmful bacteria and fungi. By eating the wrong foods (too many white carbohydrates and sugar), using antibiotics, misusing laxatives, cortisone, etc. the balance of our intestinal flora can be disturbed, meaning a gut renovation is necessary.
Some of the most common symptoms of an irritated gut flora are; indigestion, increased susceptibility to infections, fungal infections, bad skin, eczema and food allergies among others.
Gut renovation and thus the restoration of the intestinal flora requires a number of measures to be carried out:
(1) A stool test - This provides information on the intestinal flora. This information is collected from your stool sample which is then analysed in our laboratory.
(2) Depending on the results of the stool analysis, gut renovation might then be necessary. Different actions are then applied depending on the imbalance of the intestine: Consumption of Immune-boosting substances & remedies to combat Candida fungi, Taking various remedies or medicinal plants to detoxify the liver and the gut, Strengthening the pancreas, the liver and bile with digestive enzymes, Purification using intestinal enemas or hydro-colon therapy to bind toxins and to relieve the intestine.
(3) Ingestion of different bacterial strains in order to rebuild the intestinal flora.
(4) A change or adjustment to the diet is also important for points (2) and (3). These adjustments are based on the results of the fecal flora survey (including the exclusion of white flour and sugar).
An intestinal micro flora analysis examines the composition of bacteria living in the intestine. The analysis shows whether the intestinal flora is still intact or whether a fault is present. If the gut flora is irritated, microbiological supplements such as E. coli bacteria, probiotics and fiber can be taken to restore the intestinal flora.
Verisana examines the intestinal flora by means of a stool sample. We not only analyse the gut flora but we also test the stool sample for Candida too. The required sample can be easily collected at home. We also provide a mouth swab for the purpose of Candida testing too.
As well as the intestinal flora analysis, Verisana also offer a comprehensive intestinal health check which analyses the bowels. Again, a stool sample is required.
This sample is then examined for:
1) Candida and moulds, (Candida is tested using the mouth swab and the stool sample)
2) Bacterial imbalances in the intestinal flora,
3) pH of the stool,
4) Maldigestion, (Inability to digest food in the gut)
5) Malabsorption, (Inability to absorb nutrients in the gut e.g. vitamins)
6) Permeability of the bowel,
7) Intestinal immune system proficiency
8) Helicobacter pylori infection.
One stool sample is sufficient for the determination of all parameters. A free mouth swab to test for Candida is also included in the test kit. Both samples can be easily taken at home.